Custom Search

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Today was a good day.

Due to our never ending schedules, today was a nice break from reality. We began the day with a "sleep in till 10am" Saturday. We proceeded by going to Cracker Barrel for lunch or breakfast. We couldn't decide between the two, so we went to a restaurant that served both. She had a vegetable plate, and I had the typical grits, biscuits, hashbrowns, gravy, eggs meal that I get when I'm in the mood for breakfast there. It was delicious, and we ate ever bite! Except for the grits. I'm always disappointed with those. I skipped them this time. Didn't even eat a spoon full of them.

We had already planned on seeing a movie, and we had already agreed to the movie "Eat. Pray. Love." but the only thing that was not planned was the time. We decided on the 3:30, which meant we had approximately 2.5 hours to kill. We went to a major furniture store and dreamed about owning their new furniture in our new house that we keep saying we will someday build. We went to a well known pet store and got Scooter a halloween costume (he's a pumpkin this year.) She needed to go by the medical supply store (she is a respiratory care student) for supplies for school, so that meant a stop by the big, bad Anderson Mall! It's not a bad mall compared to the surrounding cities malls (they have none), but this place doesn't hold a flame to other cities such as Greenville, Atlanta, and such. But, I can say this about the little town of Anderson, it has everything that you need. Every major store is present and due to the low population of this area, customer service is always through the rough, which isn't a bad thing. After getting her supplies, we went to the movie.

The movie was good, but it wasn't great. I don't feel like it was a waste of my money by any means, but it just didn't have that zing, zang, bam that always seems to grab us Americans attention. A lot of the scenes were shot on location in different countries, and that was especially nice to see other areas of the world in real time. Overall, it was a good flick.

We then decided to catch ANOTHER movie, hahaha, so we went out for dinner at one of our favorite pizza places called NY Pizza. They always have a long wait time to when you give them your order to actually receiving your food, but that's just because it's always made from scratch and is absolutely great when you get it! We have never had a bad meal here, and the streak continues! We had a chicago style medium pizza, with beef, sausage, pepperoni, and peppers. It was awesome, and we still brought home about 4 pieces after pigging out! We quickly made it back to the theater to catch the movie "The last exorcism" or whatever. This time the theater was packed with the local high school kids, and that seemed to take away from the thrill of the movie with all the laughs and goofs that high school kids always do, myself having been one of those types. My view was distracted as the girl to my diagonal right was texting someone VERY important (as every so called "friends" are at that age) over and over and over, I suppose telling her how the movie was going? Who knows?

We then came home, caught the movie "50 first dates" on television, one of them passed out on the couch, and the other decided to share his day with you. Can you guess who?

PS: She needs to sleep. She's had a rough 2 weeks. I'm sure she's tired as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment